April 2, 2018
WAUSAU, Wis., (WSAW)– A free service for elderly residents of Marathon County is looking for volunteers.
Faith in Action seeks people who have a genuine concern for older adults. “I call our volunteers “The Heartbeat of Faith in Action.” We cannot function without our faithful, caring volunteers,” explained Hebbe.
Faith in Action of Marathon County, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides supportive services, at no charge, to Marathon County residents age 60 and over, regardless of income, religious belief, or ethnic background.
To talk about the different programs they offer and well as a need for volunteers Ruth Hebbe, Program Director of Faith in Action joined the Sunrise 7 team.
Services are provided by trained volunteers to assist seniors to improve their quality of life and remain independent in their homes for as long as safely possible.
- Services Faith in Action provides include:
- Transportation to Medical Appointments
- Transportation for Grocery Shopping
- Food Delivery from The Neighbor’s Place = 2-bags/bi-weekly deliveries
- Senior Home Safety Program = installation of falls prevention apparatus (display Grab Bars, Hand Rails, and Toilet Rails)
Faith in Action relies on the generous financial support from individuals, businesses, congregations and our foundations: Aspirus Health Foundation, B.A. & Esther Greenheck Foundation, Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin, and United Way.